Cast Iron Conditioner
Prolong the life of your cast iron cookware with our Cast Iron Seasoning Oil.
This seasoning oil is a blend of all natural pork leaf lard and pure coconut oil.
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2. Add a layer of foil to the bottom rack to catch drips.
3. Clean your pan thoroughly with an abrasive scrubber.
4. Dry the pan thoroughly with a towel, then on your stovetop to remove all moisture.
5. Apply a thin layer of our seasoning oil to the entire pan: bottom, handle, sides, and interior.
6. Bake your cast iron pan upside down in the oven for one hour.
7. Let it cool in the oven for at least 30 minutes.
(You may wish to repeat steps 5-7 an additional 2 or 3 times, for a tougher layer of seasoning.)
8. Your cast iron is ready for cooking!
(Any of our selection of flavored brats would be perfect to cook up in your newly seasoned pan!)
*For best results, reseason your cast iron twice a year. If you cook often with acidic food or do a lot of high heat cooking, you will likely need to season your pan more often.